This policy outlines how we manage, collect and handle your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information include: names, addresses, email addresses, social media handles, credit card details and telephone numbers.
We may collect personal information when you purchase any of the products or use any of the services offered by us. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including when you use our website www.saintcurl.com.au (Website), complete the contact form, buy our products, enter a competition we are running, interact with us on social media, or send us an email in the course of our business relationship with customers, suppliers and other business contacts.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you and improving them. If we do not collect some information we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or otherwise deal with you in the way you expect. It is important to us to be able to communicate with you, send you your purchased products, provide you with information, respond to your email and social media enquiries, invite you to enter competitions and improve our services and products for your use.
If you no longer want to receive emails from us you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of emails or contacting us in writing.
How will your personal information be used?
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for purposes necessary to provide you with our products as services, including to:
- register and maintain your user account;
- process your order and collect payment for the order;
- facilitate you transacting via alternative payment methods such as Paypal or Afterpay;
- pack and deliver the products you purchased, including couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- provide, maintain and improve our technology, products and services, and monitor their effectiveness;
- provide you with services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart and promotions;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- comply with any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; and
- ensure our Website functions properly and to improve its performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging and statistical analyses for optimising our Website.
(collectively, the "Purposes")
In addition, we may use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes, to:
- send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, blog posts and promotions;
- invite you to our private customer events;
- process your participation in our promotions and giveaways (including contacting you if you win, displaying your details online, or requesting participation in customer surveys;
- process your participation in our business partners’ loyalty or point redemption programs;
- conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking;
- promote our products and services on our Website, emails and social media;
- manage the administrative and business operations of Saint Curl;
- improve your customer experience, including reviewing contact with Customer Service;
- as part of or in anticipation of a business sale, merger, consolidation, investment, change in control, transfer of substantial corporate assets, reorganisation, liquidation, or similar business transaction or corporate event.
(collectively, the “Additional Purposes”)
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information in accordance with Applicable Laws, or with your further consent.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
In order to perform the Purposes or Additional Purposes, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, consultants, temporary workers or other representatives;
- payment processors, who process your payment on the Website (such as Afterpay and PayPal);
- logistics providers, such as courier, fulfilment or parcel-pickup services which will deliver your order to you, and parcel return partners;
- our loyalty or point redemption program provider;
- business vendors in connection with the processing of any event or service organised by us;
- our professional advisers, bankers and auditors;
- on a need to know basis, agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you, such as online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection and monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, telecommunications, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information; and
- any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Information to.
We do our best to minimise the disclosure of your Personal Information to the information necessary to perform the related Purpose or Additional Purpose.
You acknowledge and agree that, should we sell, merge or otherwise change control of our business, our company or the Website to a third-party, we shall be permitted to disclose the Personal Information and other information that we have collected from you to the third-party, without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you.
Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, we will take reasonable steps to inform you if a third party provides your Personal Information to us.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored electronically in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing by sending your enquiry to:
18 Baltimore Street
Belfield NSW 2919
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
PO Box 895
Broadway NSW 2007
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on www.saintcurl.com.au.
Last updated: 1 September 2019